We love our pets, and we’ll do just about anything to make sure that they’re comfortable, well cared for, and happy. When our cherished pets get sick, we’ll bend over backwards and jump through whatever hoops we have to in order to get them feeling better again.
Sometimes though, there are limits to what traditional veterinary medicine can do. Prescription drugs often have side effects, or may not work for your pet. When that happens, an increasing number of pet owners are turning to CBD products to help their pets find relief and improve their quality of life.
As research continues, science is discovering that these products are effective in treating a variety of conditions. Here’s the latest:
- PTSD – This is a big one. Like humans, pets can be traumatized by events in their lives, and this can make them excitable. If an animal has PTSD, it can be virtually impossible for them to be adopted, and if you already own a pet with PTSD, then their lives can be fraught with fear and misery. CBD products can help by calming your pet, making them less likely to become startled by noises or sudden movements. A calmer pet is a happier pet!
- Seizures – While CBD products for dog seizures cannot eliminate seizures, they can help to control their frequency, intensity, and duration. For a human, seizures are bad, but something you can cope with because your doctor can explain what’s happening to your body. Pets don’t have that luxury. All they know is that something’s wrong. Their body isn’t working right, and they don’t understand. It can be terrifying, and in addition to providing calming benefits, products infused with CBD oil can help mitigate the seizures in the first place. For more information on dog seizures, check: Seizures General For Dogs
- Cancer (Chemotherapy) – Many people are now introducing CBD products when an animal begins undergoing chemotherapy. Not only can these treats help reduce the pain chemotherapy invariably causes, but one of the most common side effects of the treatment is loss of appetite, which can quickly cause your pet’s health to deteriorate. CBD products help restore your pet’s appetite to normal levels, which greatly improves their odds of bouncing back from the treatment.
- Arthritis – If you have arthritis yourself, then you know how miserable it can be. Some days, it feels like there’s just no escaping the pain. It’s the same for your pets, and as they get older, arthritis pain can be debilitating. While CBD products can’t add years to your pet’s life, it can greatly enhance their quality of life by reducing the swelling in their joints, which also reduces their pain. That’s a win all the way around.
- Dementia – Animals can suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, and other brain-wasting conditions, just like humans. While it’s certainly true that CBD cannot reverse this, it can help protect the brain and slow down the progression of such diseases. If your pet is suffering from one of these, you’ll not only improve their quality of life, but you’ll also give them more time with you by introducing CBD-infused treats into their diet.
This, of course, is just the tip of the iceberg. While most veterinarians are still somewhat reluctant to recommend CBD dog treats, if your pet is suffering, and you’re looking for a way to ease their pain and improve their quality of life, it’s a great option you owe it to yourself to consider! You can try our Purity Petibles Hemp Pet Treats 150mg for best results.