CBD Pet Oil and CBD pet treats are becoming increasingly popular, but so far, most of the growth in popularity can be attributed to word of mouth. Someone tries a CBD product on themselves or on their pet, see a positive result, and recommends it to a friend, who then tries it as well.
There’s nothing at all wrong with that, but one of the unfortunate side effects of that kind of growth is that it creates the opportunity for misinformation (and often contradictory information) to creep into the mix. In this piece, our goal is to help set the record straight by providing you with factual information about the benefits and effects of CBD-related products (including pet treats), so you’ll have good information at your fingertips and be in a position to make an informed decision about whether or not it’s something you want to try for yourself or your pet. Let’s take a closer look then!
- CBD-related products are not psychoactive – While there are dozens of compounds in marijuana, the two biggies are CBD and THC. It is THC that provides the “high.” No matter how much CBD you take, you’re not going to get a buzz at all, and neither will your pet.
- CBD-related products have no major side effects – It would be overselling it to say that CBD-related products have no side effects at all, but the only time you actually see side effects is when you vastly exceed the recommended dosage, and then, the worst of the side effects are a slightly upset stomach and occasional diarrhea, both of which are easily controlled by simply not gorging on the stuff.
- There’s a growing body of evidence, now backed up by scientific research that suggests regular doses of CBD Pet oil slows the growth of cancerous tumors.
- In addition to that CBD-related products work very well in tandem with the most effective cancer therapies, including chemotherapy. Three of the big side effects of chemotherapy are: pain, loss of appetite, and nausea, and CBD Pet oil(along with any products infused with that oil) is an effective counter to all three side effects!
- Veterinarians estimate that about 5% of dogs suffer from some type of seizure-inducing ailment (with Epilepsy being the most common). CBD-infused products have been proven to make seizures less likely to occur, and to lessen the severity and duration of seizures when they do occur.
- In addition to reducing nausea and increasing appetite, CBD-infused products have a proven track record of reducing the effects of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) in both humans and in pets.
- CBD Pet Oil promotes better heart health by protecting the body’s arteries, lowering blood pressure and slightly slowing heart rate (this is true in both humans and animals).
You can also read about the Cannabinoid System in Pets to learn more about the effects of CBD and Hemp.
For these reasons and many more, if you have an older pet whose quality of life isn’t what it used to be, you should consider adding CBD pet treats to your care regimen. Your four-legged friend will thank you for it!